Wednesday, December 26, 2007

How an Idea for a Book Turned into a Radio Play

Hobbies feature strongly in my personal portfolio for enrichment, and I have several: writing, watercolour painting, and an enduring passion for researching the period of transition from silent to talking pictures. Currently I am combining all three in an endeavor to produce a manuscript for an illustrated book notionally entitled The Hollywood Revolution: 1927/29. (Quirky, yes, I know). To test the water I created a 30 minute radio drama on the topic, which has been accepted by a major broadcasting network for late night scheduling in 2006. In the resource box below you will find the address for the website that contains the complete outline on which I based my play. If you know the era, you will know the names; but even if you are unfamiliar with both, the text sho View the rest of this article


No comments: