Thursday, August 30, 2007

Commercial Loans: How You Win Even If You Lose

I was contemplating the economy, increasing interest rates, slowing real estate sales, and the possibility of us being in a real estate market "top" when I thought about how to protect myself against a potential fall in prices. My best choice for making an investment that would make sense in this environment had to be commercial real estate. Before I get to why, let me introduce you to an interesting extension of a concept long used in investment real estate: Other People's Money (OPM). I would have asked Killer, my 21-year-old-real-estate-guru-wondercat to explain this, but he was taking another nap (wouldn't you, if you were his relative age???).
We all understand the basic OPM approach for investment property: Get some investors together, pool their money, buy View the rest of this article


No comments: